Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Anniversary




Hullo World!
Today marks a notable event in the history of the farm...we have officially been living here now for one, whole, year. Three hundred and sixty-five days - more or less - have elapsed since Josie, the kids and I walked through the front door and set fire to the stove (it was an exciting first day at the farmhouse, I assure you).

Time does funny things these days for me....sometimes it goes by so achingly slowly,it's as if The Great Someone has put everything on Pause and I can't quite seem to find the LIFE remote....and then, suddenly, as only Time can do, I look behind me and there are a million days gone, like a string of traffic with their lights on at night, blinking in the rearview mirror....and I think - whoa, wait a minute, what just happened? How did I get HERE so quickly?
So, here I am.

I suppose now would be the time to reflect upon all the good things that have happened here over the past year - there have been many, many blessings...many wonderful friends who have helped and nurtured and loved us, many fine moments sharing food and laughter and dammit all, joy. I think, perhaps, that joy is made all the richer because, let's face it, there have been some dark moments this year, too. It's hard to write about what it feels like to be left walking down life's path on your own, with three children as your cohort (and yes, I DO mean as a "group of warriors" - look it up for yourself, if you must)...but we are THAT, and more....

So, that said, thank you to all of you who have helped us to be more, to be here, to be able to take this path, live on this farm, and face all our battles with wit and courage...and thanks to those of you who are rolling your eyes at the gross sentimentality of this whole damn thing. You're the ones who keep me grounded!

No comments:

Post a Comment